Creating your Continual Growth Card
The Continual Growth Card helps you consistently improve an area of your life
Step 1: Clarify an Area for Continual Growth
- Unlike Outcome Cards, the goal need not be specific and measurable.
- Rather than "I want to weigh 150 lbs or less," you can use "I want to continually improve my physical health"
- There is no target date for Continual Growth Cards. Keep your card as long as it serves you
Step 2: Identify Measurable, Actionable Steps
- Since the goal is not specific and measurable, your action steps must be. For example, "I will run half an hour a day, five day a week."
- Action Steps can have target dates
- Action steps can be milestones. For example, "I will run a six-minute mile by June 1."
Step 3: Read Your Card Daily
- Read it first thing in the morning to set your intentions for the day
- Read it immediately before bed
- Read it 1-3 additional times during the day
- Are some steps ineffective? Scrap them
- Did you come up with new ideas? Add them
- Can you spice up the language to be more motivating?
- Has your goal changed at all? Since there is no deadline with Continual Growth Cards, you must be more rigorous in editing them
Step 6: Celebrate Victories
- Rewarding yourself for hitting your goals builds momentum
- Since Continual Growth goals have no end dates, celebrate milestones
- If you narrowly miss a milestone, still celebrate what went well
- Did others support you in your goal? Include them in your celebration